7/06/2009

Healing vs. Miracles

So I was reading one day in my bible and reading about the gifts of the spirit in I Cor 12 about the different gifts. Now I know some of the gifts that God has given to me, music with flute and voice, and I have another gift that I have not completely stirred up yet.

When looking at the gift of healing I always thought that healing and miracles were lumped into one category. I am finding out that is not the case. Miracles and Healing are slightly different.

Healing means:
adjective
1. curing or curative; prescribed or helping to heal.
2. growing sound; getting well; mending.
–noun
3. the act or process of regaining health: a new drug to accelerate healing.

Miracle means:
  1. An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God: "Miracles are spontaneous, they cannot be summoned, but come of themselves" (Katherine Anne Porter).
  2. One that excites admiring awe.
  3. A miracle play.

So some food for thought that caught my attention in my studies.

No comments: