12/12/2008

Study on Gentle(ness)

Through my studies into Gentle or Gentleness, I found a few verses that stuck out to me.

Matt 11:29 - Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

1 Pet 3:4 - Do not let your adornment be merely outward - arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel- rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

As I look at my life I have a few different people who have stood out to me in being gentle, the two closest to me are one my mom and the other one my sister. Both of them always have a way of having a quality of gentleness that I treasure.

I have learned to try and word things better then I used to so that I think more about what I am saying before saying it. I just know that in myself there is opportunity for things that I do say to have a tone that doesn't sound so harsh.

This is something that has been on my heart for a long time. Breaking the tone behind what I say. There are things that I will stand up for and I can get passionate about. I hope that going forward those thing will be able to be handled in away that is gentle.

Working towards a softer tone with gentleness.

No comments: